follow us on twitter   follow us on facebook  

Email Page Print Page

Research: Sawmill Database

Alpha-Numeric Key: NA-237
Corporate Name: Southeast Lumber Company
Local Name:
Owner Name: The Southeast Lumber Company was based in San Antonio. W. H. Crouch of Nacogdoches was president and W. J. Moore, who was also president of Nacogdoches Show Case and Mfg. Co. was vice-president.
Location: Trawick, earlier Linn Flat
County: Nacogdoches
Years in Operation: 2 years
Start Year: 1907
End Year: 1908
Decades: 1900-1909
Period of Operation: 1907 to 1908
Town: Trawick, earlier Linn Flat
Company Town: 2
Peak Town Size: 84 in 1905, 100 in 1906
Mill Pond:
Type of Mill: Lumber
Sawmill Pine Sawmill Hardwood Sawmill Cypress Sawmill
Planer Planer Only Shingle Paper
Plywood Cotton Grist Unknown
Power Source: Probably steam
Horse Mule Oxen Water
Water Overshot Water Turbine Diesel Unknown
Pit Steam Steam Circular Steam Band
Gas Electricity Other
Maximum Capacity: 
Capacity Comments: Unknown
Rough Lumber Planed Lumber Crossties Timbers
Lathe Ceiling Unknown Beading
Flooring Paper Plywood Particle Board
Treated Other
Equipment: Sawmill
Company Tram:
Associated Railroads: Texas & New Orleans at Mahl in 1905; its own stop in 1906.
Historicial Development: In addition to the Trawick mill, the Southeast Lumber Company also operated mills at Cushing, Joaquin, and Kirbyville. It was not listed in the Reference Book of the Lumbermen's Credit Association, January 1907.
Research Date: JKG 8-4-93, MCJ 02-10-96
Prepared By: J. Gerland, M. Johnson