follow us on twitter   follow us on facebook  


Email Page Print Page

Research: Tram & Railroad Database

Code: 216
Corporate Name: Sabine Mills Lumber Manufacturing Co. tram road
Folk Name:
Incorporated:
Ownership: Sabine Mills Lumber Manufacturing Company with with George Pheuffer, John Otto Buenz, and B. Snyder
Years of Operation: 1880s
Track Type:
Standard Gauge Wooden Rails
Track Length:
Locations Served: Gregg
Counties of Operation: Gregg and possibly Rusk
Line Connections:
Track Information:
Tram Road Logging / Industrial Common Carrier Logging Camp
Equipment: Three tram cars and animals
History: Sabine Mills Lumber Manufacturing Company owned several logging cars in 1883 when the company was sold by the District Court. It was likely that the tram road was made of wooden poles and that the cars were pulled by oxen or mules.