The Southern Pine Lumber Company, with T. L. L. Temple, was organized in 1893 and reorganized in 1902. Temple constructed a 50,000-foot circular sawmill and a planing mill at Diboll in March 1894, which began operations three months later. Temple, although residing in Texarkana, located and laid out the company town of Diboll. The company also owned eight locomotives by 1908 for its tram operations and its shortline, the Texas & Southeastern. Over the decades the company expanded, changed its name to Temple Lumber Company, and finally to Temple-Inland Forest Products. .