Merchant and miller William Henry Spinks rebuilt his sawmill near this site in 1891. He sold the mill in 1900 to the Arkansas Lumber Co. Harry C. and Allen Kiley and Alfred Craven bought the mill in 1909, and renamed the town Kilraven. The mill produced rough and dressed lumber and contained a planning mill, long wagons, nine oxen, millponds, 3-saw gang edger, and roll planning machine. The plant closed in the 1920s. Site is located 12mil. S of Alto on FM 1911.