James Ferguson built this mill in 1847 on 1600 acres of land. He operated the mill for several years, employing five workers. Charles Ford, a New England Quaker, bought the mill in 1869 and modernized it to grind corn, saw lumber and repair machinery. The mill used water from Bean's Creek as power and produced 12500 ft. of plank and 4000 bushels of corn. Site is located at FM 1248 at CR 2103, 4 mil. W of Rusk.