H.G. Bohlssen bought a 100 acre tract of land and built a sawmill near Ewing. The town was located near a rail line and virgin hardwood forests. The mill was known as the Angelina Hardwood Co. The mill produced 45,000 bd. Ft. in 1928 and up to 80,000 bd. Ft in 1935. A lack of labor, the rising cost of bringing logs from a distance and the death of the general manager all contributed to the mill closing in 1944. The marker site is located17 mi. east of Lufkin on SH 103.