John Wesley Love bought this land and developed a 600-acre peach orchard. Area residents used Love's Lookout, the scenic point for outings. Love's family donated 22.22 acres including the lookout to the state for a park. Jacksonville bought 25 adjoining acres and developed both tracts as a WPA project. Love's Lookout is one of the few fire towers remaining of a network in the East Texas piney woods that once numbered more than 100. The 125' Aeromotor tower with 7'x7' metal cab was built by the Texas Forest Service in 1935 and remained active until 1970. It is now owned by the City of Jacksonville. Site is located in a roadside park on US 69, 4 miles N of Jacksonville.
Park Opens at Daylight Hours Only
Love's Lookout Visitor/Information Center 43822 Hwy. 69 North Jacksonville, Texas 75766