The area of San Pedro, located near San Pedro Creek in northeastern Houston County, was a both the site for a village of the Nabedache and later the mission of San Francisco del los Tejas in 1690. In the 1780s, the settlement consisted of eighty families. Many immigrants from the southeastern U.S. settled along the San Pedro Creek and the stage route to nearby Rusk. It had a post office by 1856 and the Presbyterian and Baptist Churches, as well as the San Pedro School were community centers. San Pedro had four different mills listed in operation in 1884 one of which was owned by J.W. Bodenheime. While it seems they used the IG & N railroad in nearby Grapeland, their time of operation does not seem to extend beyond one year each. The marker is located 11 miles north of Crockett on FM 2423, then 50 feet west on FM 2423 to cemetery.