follow us on twitter   follow us on facebook  


Email Page Print Page

Forest Legacy

Anderson County

Angelina County

  • Angelina & Neches River Railroad: Texas Historical Marker
  • Angelina County Lumber Company: Texas Historical Marker
  • City of Huntington: Texas Historical Marker
  • City of Lufkin: Texas Historical Marker
  • Collins-Shotwell House: Texas Historical Marker
  • East Texas Early Logging Equipment: Texas Historical Marker
  • Emporia: Texas Historical Marker
  • Ewing: Texas Historical Marker
  • Gibbs House: Texas State Historical Marker
  • Homer Cemetery: Texas Historical Marker
  • Hoo Hoo Band: Texas Historical Marker
  • Hoshall Switch: Texas Historical Marker
  • Kurth Home
  • Lindsey Springs Logging Camp: Texas Historical Marker
  • Lufkin Civilian Conservation Corp Camp: Texas Historical Marker
  • Lufkin Foundry and Machine Company: Texas Historical Marker
  • Machinery from Early East Texas Logging Railroad: Texas Historical Marker
  • Mt Calvary Baptist Church: Texas Historical Marker
  • Old Diboll Library: Texas Historical Marker
  • Site of Manning: Texas Historical Marker
  • Site of Martin Wagon Company: Texas Historical Marker
  • Southern Pine Lumber Company Commissary: Texas Historical Marker
  • Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill
  • Southland Paper Mills, Inc: Texas Historical Marker
  • Stranger's Rest Cemetery: Texas Historical Marker
  • Texas Forest Service
  • TLL Temple: Texas Historical Marker
  • Urban Wildscape Trail @ The Texas Forestry Museum
  • Bowie County

    Camp County

    Cass County

    Cherokee County

    Franklin County

    Gregg County

    Hardin County

    Harrison County

    Henderson County

    Houston County

    Jasper County

    Jefferson County

    Liberty County

    Marion County

    Montgomery County

    Morris County

    Nacogdoches County

    Newton County

    Orange County

  • Alexander Gilmer: Texas Historical Marker
  • Charles Holmes Saxon: Texas Historical Marker
  • City of Orange: Texas Historical Marker
  • David Robert Wingate: Texas Historical Marker
  • First National Bank of Orange: Texas Historical Marker
  • Henry Jacob Lutcher: Texas Historical Marker
  • Homesite of Dr. Edgar William Brown: Historical Marker
  • John Thomas Stark: Texas Historical Marker
  • Lutcher & Moore Lumber Company: Texas Historical Marker
  • Lutcher Memorial Church Building: Texas Historical Marker
  • Neyland-Gilmer House: Texas Historical Marker
  • Orange County: Texas Historical Marker
  • Robert B. Russell: Texas Historical Marker
  • Site of End of the Line Station: Texas Historical Marker
  • Site of World War II P.O.W.Camp: Texas Historical Marker
  • The Heritage House Museum of Orange County
  • The Sawmill Industry in Orange County: Texas Historical Marker
  • The W.H. Stark House: Texas Historical Marker
  • Panola County

    Polk County

    Red River County

    Shelby County

    Pine Grove MIssionary Baptist Church: Texas Historical Marker

    Newton

    Burkeville

    Pine Grove MIssionary Baptist Church: Texas Historical Marker
    This rural area of northwest Newton County has been known as "Scrappin' Valley" since the early 1900s. In 1907, one year after the Gilmer Lumber Company came to the region, community members founded the Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church. Early church leaders were Tom and Emma Frisby Lowe, Man Lowe, and Levi and Ethel Williams Hopson, with J.C. Brooks as the first preacher on record. Pine Grove was admitted to the Bethlehem Baptist Association in 1911. In 1950, after the closing of the Hickory Hill School District, the church was given this land and the former schoolhouse as a place of worship. Here they continue their traditions of worship, Bible classes, community reunions and revivals. Marker is located 8.1 miles north of Burkeville on SH 87, then 4.1 miles west on FM 255, then 3.3 miles northwest on CR 1005, then 5.3 miles west on CR 1106 and 0.3 miles south on CR 1113