When the railroad by-passed the prosperous town of Wheatville (3 mi. N), this rival town emerged at the railroad. The post office moved here in Jan. 1882, and was called Station Belden. The name was changed to Naples by U. S. Post Office Department, Feb. 1895. With the depletion of hardwood forests, the economy returned to cattle and agriculture. The marker is located on US 67 and Walnut St.