Lufkin Foundry and Machine Company: Texas Historical Marker
The Lufkin Foundry and Machine Company was founded as a repair shop and parts supply house for local sawmills. Around this company, the Angelina Lumber Co. was built. The mill logged the area using oxen and mule drawn carts. The Foundry and Machine shop began serving the local mills in 1902, with new up-to-date tools such as shapers, boring mills, lathes, planers, hydraulic presses, pipe machines, cold saws, and radial link machines. The company also had special facilities for making brass and bronze castings. In 1939, the company added industrial gears and truck trailers to its product lines. Marker is located at 610 S. Raguet in Lufkin.