In 1913, W.E. Hoshall purchased land and timber rights in this area and began shipping logs from Hoshall Switch on the Houston East & West Texas Railroad. Luke E Write established a sawmill and town at the switch site. Write expanded his cutting capacity from 10,000ft. to 25,000 ft. and added a planing mill. His mill also had a steam dry kiln. The sawmills closed, and by 1940 all that remained was the cemetery and the mill pond. The site is located 2.75 mi. south of Lufkin on FM 324.