When the Four-C Company built a large sawmill in nearby Ratcliff in 1900, the Eastern Texas Rail Line was built through the area for shipping. Druso was the only stop on the rail line between the Four-C mill and Lufkin, and changed from a farming to a logging boom town. Druso included a post office, cotton gin, general store, blacksmith and saloon. Children attended nearby Mt. Pisgah School. In 1920 the mill closed, the rail line was abandoned, and the town declined. Much of the land became part of the Davy Crockett National Forest in 1935. Marker is located 5.8 miles east of Ratcliff on SH 7 at intersection with Forest Service Road 511.