Wildhurst was one of the many sawmill towns in East Texas. Established by the Chronister Lumber Company in 1895, operations included sawmills, millponds, drying kilns, a planning mill, and logging tram to the St. Louis Southwestern (Cotton Belt). Another in the area was D.A. Barron's small gasoline powered portable circular sawmill. Labor shortages and lack of reserve trees led to the town's demise during WW II. Site is located on FM 1911 at FM 1247, 1 mile N of Forest.