Trustees of the African American cemetery group in Angelina County acquired one acre of land from the Lufkin Land & Lumber Company. Once known as the Frost Cemetery, it came to be known as the Stranger's Rest cemetery because of the large number of drifters buried there. Frost was a founder of the Long-Bell Lumber Co. This was a complete double band sawmill and lath mill. It had seven steam dry kilns, four boilers, a planer with nine machines, three sheds and a machine shop. By 1905, with 200-300 men working double shifts, the mill produced up to 60 million feet of lumber per year. The mill closed in 1930. The site is located at the corner of Knight and Walter St. in Lufkin.